Saturday, January 22, 2011

Toasted Garlic Pita Chips

A really healthy and almost effortless pita chips recipe, to go with your hummus!

Level: Easy
Serves: 32 pita triangles



Ingredients:
4 pita pockets, any kind
Oil/Butter spray, I used canola
4 tblsp garlic powder, or as per taste

Method:
Step 1 - Cut the pita pockets into 8 triangular pieces each. I just cut them with a kitchen scissor. It is easier this way.

Step 2 - Place all the pita triangles on a baking sheet. Try to avoid over-lapping as much as possible. But dont spend too much time on this. 

Step 3 - Spray oil over the pita triangles. Sprinkle the garlic powder over it.

Step 4 - Bake in a preheat 375 Deg F. oven for 12 to 15 mins. Keep an eye on this, making sure the pita does not burn.

Serve with hummus!



These pita triangles are quite crunchy. But if you would like them to be crunchier, almost wafer like, after cutting the pita pockets into triangles, open the pockets and follow the same steps above. But remember to reduce your baking time to half. This will yield crunchier 64 pita triangles.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shalmali!

    I came here through another blog while surfing and have been hooked ever since. :) I admire the simplicity and emphasis on health in your recipes.

    I made these pita chips the other day and they turned out to be really good! They were gone within seconds after being served. :D

    I will be trying your hummus recipe next!...will keep you posted. Thanks a bunch!

    - Priti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priti,
    Glad you are enjoying my blog and recipes. Hope you like the hummus recipe too.

    Am not a health buff! ...but I do try to keep it healthy as much as I can...

    ReplyDelete