Thursday, June 17, 2010

Leftovers Tips - Crescent Braid

OK I'LL SAY IT!!!

DOUGH HATES ME!! there is something between us, we just cant work together. Readymade or not! Its a curse!!
:)

Hence, my pictures here are not so good...but trust me yours will be better.

My husband braids this dough way better than I do...but he insists I keep trying and conveniently dint help me this time!!!

Am writing this post, just to let you know, what you can do with those leftover dry veggies, the next day.
This easily becomes a great breakfast dish. Filling and of course FANCY!. Sure to impress all !

And its so quick and easy, it will make you happy to know how effortlessly you can create beauties like these.




Level: Easy
Serves: 2 to 3 people

Ingredients:
1.5 - 2 cups leftover veggies
Spread any kind - I used green chutney
Cheese (optional) any kind
1 packet pillsbury crescent rolls dough

Method:
Step 1 - Cover a baking tray with wax paper. Roll out the dough on the tray and seal up the seams to turn it into one long sheet.

Step 2 - Smear the center of the sheet with green chutney. Place the veggies over it.

Step 3 - As seen in the picture, cut the dough with a knife into half strips. Go only till 1/2 inch away from the veggies. Do this on both the sides.

Step 4 - Fold these strips on top of each other and make a nice braid.

Step 5 - Bake in a 350 Deg oven for 10 - 13 mins or till it gets a lovely golden color on it.

Serve hot with some fresh orange juice.




Breakfast is ready!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment