Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spicy Yogurt Sandwich

Sometimes its difficult to decide what does one cook which is quick, tasty and takes care of those evening odd time hunger pangs..

This "Dahi bread" or "Yogurt bread" is perfect for those occassions.

I first ate this preparation at my neighbour's place when I was a kid. My mom has been making it ever since. This time when I went back home and it was evening, my mom surprised me with these...So I thought I should add them to my blog ASAP..

So heres the recipe for all of you..



















Serves: 3 sandwiches
Level: Easy

Ingredients:
3 tblsp yogurt
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tblsp chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
2 pinch asafoetida
1 tsp mustard seeds

Method:
Step 1 - Beat the yogurt. Add in the chilly powder, salt and cilantro. Mix well.

Step 2 - Apply to one slice of the bread and make a sandwich.

Step 3 - Take a non-stick pan. Pour very little bit of oil. Add in mustard seeds and asafoetida. When the mustard seeds splutter, place the sandwiches on it. In about a minute, turn them over. Take off the flame.

Eat immediately.

Dont let these cool off. They become soft and chewy.

Make these in very little oil. Just enought to slightly brown the bread. Else they taste and smell of oil...and thats really not what you want!!

Happy eating.



Rack your brains!
Yogurt is nutritionally rich in proteins.calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
It has nutritional benefits beyond those of milk.
Yoghurt is believed to promote good gum health, possibly because of the probiotic effect of lactic acids present in yoghurt.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly.. I started off with a lot of reluctance..but then 3 sandwiches down I was turned into a Fan....Suggested you have a Cola and Chips as sides !!!!

    ReplyDelete